Is Your Content Writing Causing Would-be Clients to Say “Huh”?

If you’re putting out a poor-quality piece, your marketing will all have been in vain! To put it mildly, content marketing actually refers to ‘quality-content marketing.’
Picture of Jackie Barker - Website Designer Wilmington, NC
Jackie Barker - Website Designer Wilmington, NC
The success of your content marketing strategy relies on numerous factors. In this article, we’ll focus on one of those factors – effective writing. In a nutshell, content marketing is all about the content you put out. Sure, there is a 20-80 rule which states that 20% of your time should be spent creating content while the other 80% should be on the promotion of that content. Let’s not fool ourselves here. If you’re putting out a poor-quality piece, your marketing will all have been in vain! To put it mildly, content marketing actually refers to ‘quality-content marketing.’ If you want your content marketing to succeed, then you need to write effectively and communicate directly with your audience. Content writing is so much more than just putting a bunch of words, sentences, and paragraphs together. It’s about cohesively bringing your ideas to life in such a way that your audience will find them extremely valuable and helpful.

Doing keyword research is also important.

Knowing which keywords to target and the search volume for each keyword will give you an understanding of the topic’s overall demand. Of course, search engines are becoming smarter every single day and keyword research is more of a guide than anything else. But it’s still powerful, especially if you discover profitable keywords that not too many people are writing about!
Message, content writing, keyboard

To write effectively, your content’s message needs to be front and center.

The best way to accomplish this is through storytelling. People love stories. Your message will be easily understood if it is wrapped in a story. Use your introduction as a hook to pull your readers in and keep them scrolling down your page.

When writing on the internet, it’s also essential to break down your content into an easy-to-digest structure.

With the vast amount of content online, people have become so good at scanning content. They’ll scan subheadings and emphasized content until they find the section they’re interested in. So, make sure you keep this in mind when writing your content.

Last but not least, remember to follow SEO best practices.

If you’re using WordPress, you can use a free plugin called Yoast SEO or RankMath (which is our favorite). Each of these helps you ensure your content is search-engine friendly. It won’t matter how effective and valuable your content is if search engines aren’t able to find it! If you feel like your content writing is causing your potential clients to say “Huh?” schedule a free consultation and we’ll come up with a fix for that.

Related Posts

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: If a site, product, or service I recommend has an affiliate program, I join it. That way I have the potential to earn a few dollars for the time I spend investigating it. If you click one of the above links and I have joined their affiliate program, I’ll be paid an affiliate fee if you make a purchase. Here is my promise: I will never recommend anything unless I have personally used it or researched it and would recommend it to a friend for nothing. 

Scroll to Top